I am an industrial- and interaction designer, focused on the intersection of these two disciplines. Currently I am heading an interdisciplinary team of designers at DSC Switzerland - formerly I used to be a research assistant at the Zürich University of the Arts teaching product design basics, mentoring students in matters of tangible interfaces and doing research on smart materials.
- 1980 born in Tyrol, Austria
- 2000 A-Levels at the HTL Imst, school for furniture design and carpentry then stage technician at the Tyrolean regional theatre Innsbruck.
- 2001/2002 development design work in Lahore, Pakistan and for the Tibetan Exile Comunity in North India.
- 2003 assignment at MG-Interior and Lutz in Innsbruck
- 2004/2005 assistant to the designer Beat Huwyler - elf elf, Switzerland
- 2005 enrollment at the University of Applied Arts Vienna
- 2009 internship as interaction designer for Spime technologies India
- 2010 BA with distinction in Interaction Design of the Zurich University of the Arts
- 2011 MA (Mag. ind. des.) with distinction in Convergent Industrial Design from the University of applied Arts Vienna
- Cumulus Kyoto “Design for Happiness” Exhibition 2008 with Bösendorfer Imperial GT
- Braunprize 2009 Exhibition with Kaputt.R
- Designpreis Halle Exhibition 2010 with smartskull
- TOUCH Exhibition at Fondation Verdan with Smartskull, Haptic Tiles and Kontakt
- Made4You. Design für den Wandel 2012 - MAK Austrian Museum of Applied Arts / Contemporary Art with Mariposa
- Robots on Tour (2013) with Kompott
- Cumulus Kyoto “Design for Happiness” Award, Honorable Mention, with “Bösendorfer Imperial GT”
- Createch Design Award, Honorable Mention, with “the green transformer”, 2008
- Braunprize 2009 - Final Selection. with Kaputt.R
- Designpreis Halle 2010 with smartskull
- GOOD DESIGN AWARD 2014 with CELOS
- Motivating Children to Tidy up their Toys with a Robotic Box
- Which Robot Behavior Can Motivate Children to Tidy up Their Toys? Design and Evaluation of "Ranger"
- Ranger, an Example of Integration of Robotics into the Home Ecosystem
Features in Books, Magazines:
- Design Forward: Creative Strategies for Sustainable Change, Feb 16, 2013 by Hartmut Esslinger (mariposa)